2/18/2016


Hey BCR Fans!  Snicker here with another fellow BCR resident interview.

First, I have to confess something.  This is only half an interview.  I started talking with Happy and we were having a great time.  Then, she let me know she wasn’t feeling so well and wanted to take a break.  We did and pretty soon Mom Alana took Happy to see the doctor.  When she came back, she let us know that Happy had crossed the Rainbow Bridge and wouldn’t be coming back to us.

We were all so sad.  Happy had just come to live with us and she was very sweet.  I know you all feel the same way we do.

I thought about not sharing Happy’s interview because it wasn’t finished, but I want to honor her life as a fellow BCR cat by sharing what we did talk about.  I hope that’s ok with you.

So, here’s my interview with Happy.  I hope she reads it from across the bridge.

Hi Everyone, Snicker here with my latest interview!  Welcome, Happy!




Happy:  Thank you, Snicker, for asking to interview me.  I know I’m pretty new and there are so many other cats here that have interesting stories.   I’ve heard our visitors say how much they love your interviews.

Snicker: Thank you Happy, you’re too kind.  So, tell me how you came to BCR.

Happy:  Well, before I came here I lived in the woods with a lot of other cats.  They were a pretty wild group so I wasn’t really close to any of them. I don’t know how they got there.  I’m not even sure how I got there.  We all stayed together so we would be safer.   Some people would come and leave us food but I wasn’t always sure I’d get any.


Snicker: Wow!  That sounds really bad. 

Happy:  Believe me, it was.  It was so cold at night in the winter time.  We all lived together but we never got warm enough.  I tried - I started burrowing down in the leaves on the ground to make kind of a bed.  When I got to BCR, everyone stared at me because I was orange! 





Snicker:  Orange!  But they told me you were white with some black patches!

Happy:  I really was orange.  Mom Alana thinks it’s because of my leaf bed!

Snicker:  Was that dangerous to be orange?

Happy:  No, it didn’t hurt me and it finally went away.  I didn’t care at the time, I just wanted to be warm.

Snicker:  Gotcha. So how did you get here?

Happy:  One of those very cold months, the nice human who brought us food saw me and I must have looked really bad.  They brought me here but I didn’t feel good enough to really know where I was.  I just know it was warmer!

Pretty fast I had to go to another place where there were other kitties who didn’t feel good.  There they were worried because I had a bad infection in my mouth and it went all the way down to my bone.  I hurt all over.  On top of that they said I had worms in my tummy, too, and that I was something called FIV positive.  None of that sounded very good.

Snicker:  Wow.  That other place is pretty scary, I’ve been there, too, but I felt much better after I came home.  Did you?

Happy:   I sure did.  They gave me some stuff called antibiotics -  three of them!  I didn’t like it when they gave it to me but it did make me feel better.  And, the nice people here at BCR fed me some really yummy food.  I’d never had anything so good and yummy.  Once I felt better, I was figured out where I was and that I was finally safe.  The people were very kind and gave me lots of love.  I had warm beds to sleep in!  It was like a really good dream.  I got so happy that the nice people named me that!



Snicker:  That’s a cute name and a great story!

Happy:  It has a happy ending for sure.  Hey, Snicker, do you mind if we finish talking later?  I’m not feeling too well today.  I need to catch my breath.

Snicker:  Do you want me to get Mom Alana ?

Happy:   No, it’s ok I think.  Where was I?

Snicker:  How you got your name after coming to BCR.

Happy:  Oh, right.  When I got better and felt safe and happy, Mom Alana thought it would be wise to make sure I was healthy.  I went back to the other place and they took blood from me to check.  They told Mom Alana that I was something called FIV-positive.  It didn’t sound like a very good thing. I’m not sure I know what it means. 

Snicker:  Me either but I know there are other cats here they say are the same way.

Happy:  That’s true.  When all the other hurts and the tummy worms went away, I got to join that pack of kitties here!  They were friendly since they didn’t need to fight for food or to stay warm.  It was a new experience for me and I felt so peaceful.  I especially love Colonel.  He’s my BCF! (Bestest Cat Friend)

Snicker:   That’s a rough story, Happy, but I can tell you like it here.

Happy:  Snicker, I need to see Mom Alana, I really don’t feel well.

Snicker:  I’ll get her, Happy.  Don’t worry!

That’s when Mom Alana came and took Happy to the other place.  This one was farther away - somewhere called Raleigh (I had to go there, too, so I knew where she was going).  They found out Happy was really sick -


something called FeLV positive - and they couldn’t make her better.  Mom Alana was here but I know Uncle Bill went to be with Happy.

That was the end of my time talking with Happy.  I know from what I hear that FeLV and FIV are scary and can cause kitties to get sick from lots of different things.  Here at BCR, kitties who have those live good lives and are as healthy as they can be.  If you have cats, be sure you get them tested!  It’s the best thing to do. 

We all miss Happy so much.  Colonel especially.  But we’re all glad she was here with us, even for a short time.  I hope you liked getting to know Happy a little bit better.



Thank you so much to everyone that has sent gifts to the cats from our wish list!  

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/14VUTQST8F5XH

This list is very long,  2 weeks long!  I am sorry we are very behind on posting the blog!
We just had open house too!  I hope you enjoy some of the pictures of the wonderful visitors that came to be with the cats!


Thank you Scarlett Yoas for the  syringes!
Thank you Amanda and Mike Stump for the foods!
Thank you Kim for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you  MRS for the Petfusion and food!
Thank you Anthony Hinkle for the food and syringes!
Thank you Megan Nettleton for the laundry soap and food!
Thank you Rayburn Clipper for the batteries!
Thank you Darcy Lukinuk for the batteries!





Thank you Lori Winchester for the batteries!
Thank you Rick Fiorio for the food!
Thank you Allene for the food!
Thank you unnamed for the hydrogen peroxide,  twist mops and paper towels!!
Thank you Colleen for the laundry soap!!
Thank you Crystal & Gary Holman
Thank you Karen Foldenauer for the food!
Thank you Anthony Benton for the food!




Thank you Cleo from Germany for the food!
Thank you Mary Medick for the batteries and toys!
Thank you unnamed for the food!
Thank you unnamed for the crystal litters!
Thank you unnamed for the laundry softener!
Thank you unnamed for the syringes!
Thank you for the hydrogen peroxides!






Thank you Jane Russell for the crystal litter!
Thank you Jonah Brill for the syringes!
Thank you Crystal and Gary Holman for the foods!
Thank you unnamed for the food!
Thank you Stephanie Ricci for the food!
Thank you Linda for the brooms and case of paper!
Thank you Renee for the syringes and petfusion!
Thank you Ingvild Epletveit for the clavamox!





Thank you Liam Cronin for the senior litter!
Thank you William Cronin for the food!
Thank you Stephanie Ricci for the foods!
Thank you unnamed for the 8 cases of food from Chewy!
Thank you Blind Quellhorst for the food!
Thank you Cleo from Germany for the nasal spray and batteries!
Thank you Megan Nettleton for the food and laundry softener!
Thank you Shirley Kelly for the foods!






Thank you Jesse McClain for the kube in memory of his beloved cat Yuri!
Thank you Joshua Stivers for the bleach, freshstep and clorox clean up!
Thank you Rob for the food and Gains!
Thank you Donald Walker for all the food!
Thank you Gavin for the food!
Thank you Scott for the foods!
Thank you Karen C for the foods!




Thank you Debra Dorfman for the food and laundry soaps!
Thank you Nicole Quellhorst for the batteries, TP and laundry soap!
Thank you Jesse McClain for the kube in memory of his beloved cat Yuri!
Thank you Joshua Stivers for the bleach, freshstep and clorox clean up!
Thank you Rob for the food and Gains!
Thank you unnamed for the scratch cube!
Thank you Julie Stanley for the petfusion!

Thank you Kiersten and Coleman Woodridge for the blankets!!





Thank you Dawn Neska for all the colorful blankets!


Thank you Karen Baron for the adorable catnip toys!

Thank you unnamed for the scratch cube!
Thank you Julie Stanley for the petfusion!
Thank you Christopher Love for the food!
Thank you Gretchen for the food in memory of Salem!
Thank you Amy Brannan for the food!
Thank you unnamed for the printer paper from Sams club!
Thank you  Sherry Sigmond for the food and laundry soap!
Thank you Jane Russell for the food and nose drops!
Thank you Barbara Drew for the Amazon Gift Card!
Thank you Lana Stolsworth for the food!
Thank you Dawn Naska for the peroxide!




Thank you Jill Augello for the scratch kubes!
Thank you Matthew Carta for the food!
Thank you Amanda Green for the food!
Thank you for Lisa, Zeb and kitties for the hydrogen peroxide and food!
Thank you Stephanie Cooper for the food!
Thank you Dawn Naska for the blankets!
Thank you Julie Stanley for the food and laundry soap!
Thank you Kathy Combs for the food and laundry soap!
Thank you Shannon Bozeman for the foods!
Thank you Janine Wald for the food!




Thank you  Barbara Drew for all the food!
Thank you Terry Medvirk for the chocolate and collars for the cats!
Thank you Emily and Charlie for the food!
Thank you Bradley Warfield for the food!
Thank you Franz DeMarco and  Father in memory of Caine for the food!
Thank you Bonnie Ward for the foods and laundry soap!
Thank you Toni Thomas for the food!
Thank you Erika for the food!
Thank you Joan Bird for the food!
Thank you Dave Jahng for the foods!
Thank you Scott for the food!





Thank you Linda Branham for the foods and laundry soap!
Thank you Barbara Drew for the amazon gift card!
Thank you Audri Puckett for the foods and syringes!
Thank you Susan Cliver for the food!
Thank you Heidi Lepisto  for the scratch and rest!
Thank you Tommy Mann for the foods!
Thank you Stephanie Cooper for the food!
Thank you Melissa Jones for the food!
Thank you Scarlett Yoas for the foods!
Thank you Pam C for the foods!
Thank you Christina Gandley for the foods!




Thank you Gayle Blackham for the food!
Thank you Shirley Kelly for the food!
Thank you Christina Gandley for the foods!
Thank you Keith for the bags of food!
Thank you Melissa Deters for the foods!
Thank you Alana for the food!
Thank you Marlene Wheeler for the food and syringes!
Thank you unnamed for the cases of Avoderm!!
Thank you Nancy Howlett for the clorox cleanups, bleach and batteries!
Thank you Tara for the boxes of syringes!






Thank you James Phelps for the food!
Thank yoU Gavin Gaard for the food, toys and; syringes in memory of Chaos!
Thank you Fran for the syringes!
Thank you Nancy for the food!
Thank you Goran Sandberg for the foods!
Thank you Alan Brown for the food!
Thank you Connie Quebbemann for the food and peroxide!
Thank you Becky Magnuson for the food!
Thank you Debra Bauman for the syringe!
Thank you Windsong for the food!





Thank you Autumn H for the food!
Thank you Anoop and Diana for all the foods!
Thank you Linda in Texas for the food!
Thank you Alana for the foods!
Thank you Gwynne Iverson for the food!
Thank you Wendy Saldana for the foods!
Thank you Nancy Walkord for the treats!
Thank you Barbara Orloff for the catnip toys!
Thank you Joann for the toy!
Thank you Suddha Kuyt for the food!
Thank you  Andrea and Erica for the angel for the memorial garden!
Thank you unnamed for the foods!
Thank you Nancy Walkord for the foods!
Thank you Mary Terry Medick for all the toys!





















Comments

Popular Posts