7/8/2014


Notes from Julia,  our German Intern


The first week has passed and I’m slowly getting used to the language, the time difference and the hot and humid weather over here. We already reached temperatures up to 96°, which we barely ever reach in Germany.

For the first time in my life I celebrated the 4th of July! Alana and I went seeing the fireworks in St Pauls, which was lots of fun! 


Fireworks

Also had the chance to buy candy corn (which I always wanted to try) at Piggly Wiggly’s, too bad we don’t have it in Germany.


In front of piggly wiggly

candy corn
At BCR I’m mostly working on the Facebook page, you guys have probably already seen me responding to comments; Charity and Gallie are helping me from time to time. I really enjoy it and I love taking pictures of our amazing cats!


Gallie helping with the computer


Our handsome and beloved Waffle left us last Saturday; he is deeply missed by me and all the staff.


“If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.
No Farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before I knew it
And only God knows why.

My heart's still active in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.”



He is now in a better place and he lives on forever in our hearts.


With Charity


If someone asked me who my favorite cat is, I would name 90 cat names – they are all so special and amazing in their own way.  Charity is still my little baby, I cannot wait her for moving into a room with other cats. I will miss her and all the other cats so much when I leave.



Today's kitty is Gallie





Gallie is a cat that took a village to save.  She came to us in 2012.
We were notified that she was sitting in animal control in Florida. 
 With the help of lots of people,  she arrived at BCR.

Animal control told us she was an owner surrender.  She suspected the
owner had some serious medical problems also,  he did not look good.

Gallie arrived with bulging eyes,  a severe case of Glaucoma. I guarantee
she was in pain.  We got her completely vetted,  (eyes removed, spayed, dental, etc) and had a feeding tube inserted because of all the medications she was on to correct all 
the problems she had.   The tube removed a week later.


When she first arrived





Got the tube out







She is a super super sweet girl that gives lots of head bumps :)



Thank you so much for the gifts from our Amazon Wish list!


and from our regular wish list:

Amazon never gives us your contact info 
but please know how grateful we are to you for your kindness!!

This is from several days.


Thank you Lesley Cartledge for the treats and food!
Thank you Allison Russell for the freshstep!
Thank you Sally-Ann Johnson for the foods!
Thank you Heather Guinn for the feather wand!
Thank you Sue Woost for the food!
Thank you Magdalena Medynska for the food!
Thank you Adam Murnako for the treats!
Thank you Samuel Ayers for the foods and freshstep!
Thank you Jennifer Cooke for the treats!
Thank you Trish Hisch for the treats!
Thank you Craig Workman for the ear cleaner!
Thank you Kristy Hislop for the catnip toys,play cub, food, bowl and bell!
Thank you Rachel Baxter for the snake toy!
Thank you Franci Creedon for the food, batteries, and betadine!
Thank you Suzanne Coholic for the band-aid kits!
Thank you  Ann Mary for the trashbags, freshstep and scratch and rest!
Thank you Kathy Jackson for the freshstep, scratch and rest, food and trashbags!
Thank you Grant Neumann for the petfusion!
Thank you Linda arden for the betadine!
Thank you Deborah Mazeski for the tv scratcher!
Thank you Grant Neumann for the petfusion!
Thank you Susan Guillemin for the spring toys and bowl!
Thank you Miriam Dushane for the food!
Thank you Valerie Schaeffer for the food!
Thank you unnamed for the food, floor cleaner!
Thank you Beth for the food, trashbags, toys, and treats!
Thank you Ruth Bender for the treats!
Thank you Nancy Griffis for the treats!
Thank you Lori Loatman for the amazon gift card
Thank you anonymous for the walmart gift card!
Thank you anonymous for the cash donation!
Thank you LaQuita Gentry for the Amazon Gift card!
Thank you Carol Prichinello for the clavamoxs, vaccines, bleaches, freshsteps, clorox clean ups and Revolution!!
Thank you Barbara Marble for the dry food!
Thank you David Sanders for the clavamox's!
Thank you Kim Mullins for the clavamox!
Thank you Doreen Colonello for the dry food!
Thank you Tina Murphy for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you Deb Jones for the Amazon gift card!
Thank you unnamed for the floor cleaner!









Comments

Popular Posts